Looking for a dive buddy in Fort Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking for a dive buddy in Fort lauderdale. I moved down here 8 months ago and haven't been diving since due to my work schedule (pilot). Most of my friends don't dive and the ones that do make it tough to schedule with. I'm advanced/nitrox. I've done most of my diving in caverns and springs in Northern florida with the occasion ocean dives scattered around. I'm 23 and don't consume much air, so bottom times are great! Let me know if you want to dive!

I dive a lot. Mostly with my partner, Kevin, and/or my children (all your age-ish). I/we dive Pompano pretty often. I am always open to diving with new people and would be happy to have you along, but it is rare that I dive without Kevin as my primary dive buddy. these days. Hopefully you can find someone a little more local to you, a little closer in age, perhaps? and someone who is also seeking a primary dive buddy. Good luck!

I'm looking for a dive buddy in Fort lauderdale. I moved down here 8 months ago and haven't been diving since due to my work schedule (pilot). Most of my friends don't dive and the ones that do make it tough to schedule with. I'm advanced/nitrox. I've done most of my diving in caverns and springs in Northern florida with the occasion ocean dives scattered around. I'm 23 and don't consume much air, so bottom times are great! Let me know if you want to dive!

Take a look at joining Gold Coast Scuba in Lauderdale by the Sea. The Meetup group is very active and you'll meet lots of dive buddies via the group.

Hey man,

I live in Deerfield Beach, but I occasionally explore Fort Lauderdale. Send me an e-mail Info@SinkFloridaSink.com and I'll keep you posted on future outings I plan on doing.
Also, on Facebook, join the group called "Florida Dive Buddies." I met two buddies on there.

---------- Post Merged at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:12 PM ----------

If you like night dives, you can check out Dixie Divers of Deerfield Beach for their free Wednesday dives. I've gone to 5 of these and meet different people each time.
digitalgreg-free-night-dive-wednesdays.jpg

Hey:

I live in Delray Beach, I'm always in the Pompano Area diving and around Palm Beach County. Feel free to shoot me a PM anytime.

Chase

I'll buddy up with ya with a little advanced notice. I live in central FL and try to drive down to Jupiter / Palm beach area to dive once a month. I'm OW nitrox. My dive times on 70-80' jupiter dives is usually around 40 min or so on air (just got nitrox). I usually get down fast, spend close to 30 min on the bottom, then a slow ascent to 40, hang out for a min or 2, then a slow ascent to 20 for a full safety stop, pop an smb, then get back on the boat. May or may not puke during the SI depending on seas. :yuck:

I plan on picking up a couple of steel HP100's now that I'm nitrox certified to extend the bottom times a little.

Hey if you're still looking for a buddy I am only OW but am going for AOW and Nitrox in August.. I live in Miami but wouldn't mind making the trip up to Ft.Lauderdale. I am 21 and I actually go to school for ATC.. pretty sweet stuff.

I've only got a few dives as of now but I am working on it !!

Awesome guys, thanks! Sorry, been on a trip for a week and haven't been able to access my computer. I'll start sending out some messages. That night diving thing up in Deerfield looks pretty neat. Is it a shore dive? Lets get to diving!

Awesome guys, thanks! Sorry, been on a trip for a week and haven't been able to access my computer. I'll start sending out some messages. That night diving thing up in Deerfield looks pretty neat. Is it a shore dive? Lets get to diving!

they are beach dives from Deerfield to Fort Lauderdale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom