Looking for a dive buddy in September.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
The group trip to Bonaire looks like a good deal and lots of fun, so I'm going. Some dear friends of mine will be getting married on 9/20, so I'll be coming back on the 19th instead of the 21st. I need a dive buddy/roommate. I'm looking for someone who is interested in making lots of dives. Dates are 9/14 - 9/19 (for me) 9/21 (if you stay till everyone else comes home).

Walter -

I'm going but I can't room with you. I'm going with two other people - relatively new divers. I've been diving for about 10 years, alot of it in COLD water, with LOW visibility. I'm also a "picture taker" (not to be confused with a photographer).

I love to dive and my buddies may not want to do as many as I will, so I'm hoping to hook up with some buddies who want to dive, dive, dive.

See you there!

-becky

Originally posted by Walter
The group trip to Bonaire looks like a good deal and lots of fun, so I'm going. Some dear friends of mine will be getting married on 9/20, so I'll be coming back on the 19th instead of the 21st. I need a dive buddy/roommate. I'm looking for someone who is interested in making lots of dives. Dates are 9/14 - 9/19 (for me) 9/21 (if you stay till everyone else comes home).

All I can say is yippy!

Walter:
Don't I have no doubt we will find you a roomy before September.
Bonaire is one of those places that divers always want to go to.
There really isn't that many places in the Caribbean that offers 80 dive sites that can be done from the shore ..and for free!

If anyone needs more info let me know.

:gorgeous:

This might be worth considering....especially if I got lots of chances to soak up some good dive info from you via osmosis.

I'm sure I'll be learning things from everyone on the trip. I'm looking forward to it.

Walter is not the only one who needs dive buddies. I have 6 spots still available on the Midnight Express over Labor Day weekend. 2 dives per day from 3 days.

Walter if you show up the weekend will be on me.

BTY Midnight Express is out of Morehead City, NC and the greatest wreck diving outside of Chuuk Lagoon.

Bill,

More details please? Perhaps start a new thread?

I am not a tour operator. I simply reserved 12 spots for my friends because I had the money to do it with. Some now will not be able to make it. Each day is $70 so for three days it is $210. There are several places to stay and I can help you find a spot. The dive shop also maintains a bunkroom for those who are so inclined. Reservations required.

All dives are deep to 130 foot. at least a 2 hours boat ride out and the boat usually goes unless there is a hurricane. 30% Nitrox is available. This shop does not have any tanks larger than AL 100 but I can bring streel 100/120 or even doubles if I know ahead of time. Cost TBD. They do allow for O2 to be used in water but no staged decompressions. Must bring all the gas you need. No compressor on board. Usually no food, but boat is large with plenty of room for coolers and stuff.

Water is 80 to 100 foot viz at 80 to 82 F. Unbelievable diving!

Dates are Labor Day Saturday, Sunday and Monday. This is high season and I reserved these spots last December. 31 August and 1,2 Sep are the dates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom