Looking for a dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krawlings

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hellow . all I am looking for a dive buddy . To do some local diving . I live in the lawrenceville Ga. area . All the people I know only dive WARM water. my wife is not to keen on water sports (a phobia) I am new just got my OW March 22,23 . I realy want to get more dives to get my buoyancy skills better and work on my air consumption. I just want to go dive . I would like to go to Dive haven and lake Jocassee. Any one iterested let me no or PM ME

We can also go to Loch Low Minn and Blue Water Quarries. We also dive in Lake Lanier. Welcome to the board!

Mike

I am not to familure at the area I have only lived in Georgia 2 years . I do know the general area of lake Lanier. I understand the vizabilaty is limited to 10, 20 feet or less. Where is Loch Low Minn and Blue Water Quarries? My calander is open for Sat. Sun. early . The only weekend I am not free for is April 18th/19th. I would like to meet in person some time Justto get to know a person befor i dive with them . I just feel wired diving with some one with out being familer with whem .

Generally you will divers at West Bank Park either at Diver or Mask coves just about every weekend. So far none of us has become an ax muderer (that I know of!) :)

Mike

Alabama Blue Water Adventures is in Pelham, AL. That's located just south of Birmingham. I dove there last weekend. The facilities are great for training.

I too am looking for weekend dive sites, aside from driving to South AL.

There are dives going on almost every weekend. I will be at Dive Haven Saturday. I am planning a few more "local" dives before my Morehead trip the first weekend in May. Keep an eye on the Lake Lanier Looney Birds page for the most current info on where folks are diving in the area.

Atlanta Scuba is planning a wreck trip at the end of May to Morehead NC. They are also starting up their "dive n drive" trips soon. All of the trips are within a short distance from their shop and a great way to meet other local divers. My experience with them has been great and they never bothered me about where I bought my gear!

Back
Top Bottom