Looking for a dive while I'm in town

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jmarsland

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm originally from Everett and have always seen the signs and pictures of the Underwater park in Edmonds and was hoping to do a one or two tank dive there with someone who has done it a few times..

I'm AOW certified among other certs.

I'm used to the very forgiving temps of the waters here in Hawaii and wondered if I could get away with diving in a 7mm up there?

Also wondered where would be a good place to rent gear from?

I fly into Seattle the 10th of December early morning and leave again on the 16th only in town for graduation sadly. So if anyone is free and up for a dive or two that would be awesome!

Mahalo,

Jenn
:eek:rca:

I'm originally from Everett and have always seen the signs and pictures of the Underwater park in Edmonds and was hoping to do a one or two tank dive there with someone who has done it a few times..

I'm AOW certified among other certs.

I'm used to the very forgiving temps of the waters here in Hawaii and wondered if I could get away with diving in a 7mm up there?

Also wondered where would be a good place to rent gear from?

I fly into Seattle the 10th of December early morning and leave again on the 16th only in town for graduation sadly. So if anyone is free and up for a dive or two that would be awesome!

Mahalo,

Jenn
:eek:rca:
Hello Jenn ...

A 7 mm wetsuit should be fine. Keep in mind that if you're not used to it, you'll have to make some adjustments for all the added neoprene (and compression once you start diving), the reduced mobility and dexterity, and make sure you ALSO get booties, hood and gloves with the suit. Lots of shops will assume you already own some of that stuff, and won't include it in the rental unless you say something.

If you go to my website, you can find a lot of links to what I consider some of the better shops in the Puget Sound area. Rent from the one you feel is most convenient to where you'll be staying ...

Also, if looking for a dive buddy, try posting on Northwest Dive Club ... there's a lot of very active, friendly divers there who aren't shy about taking someone new to their favorite local mudhole.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom