Looking for a good diving location for our next vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCollin

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering where is a nice place to go diving? Excluding Australia, its about 2000 american for each person to go there.

How about Bonair ive heard lots of good things about that place.

Any others? With a reasonable price?

ScubaCollin once bubbled... Hey guys, I was just wondering where is a nice place to go diving? Excluding Australia, its about 2000 american for each person to go there.

How about Bonair ive heard lots of good things about that place.

Any others? With a reasonable price?

I went to Bonaire back in 1988 and it was great. I figure it was actually cheaper than going to the Florida Keys.

Great diving. Bad viz days were when it was about 50 feet. 100 was common.

We have been to Bonaire the last 5 years. For 4 of us in a 2 br condo (full kitchen) from here in NC cost us about $1500pp for everything, air/condo/rental truck/food/diving. We actually did it a little cheaper this year because we had 6 in a 3 br. There are cheaper places to stay ( and more expensive) but we like the place we stay, Buddy Dive ( www.buddydive.com )
No doubt you can add up a lot more with a big bar tab or lots of steaks and lobsters. We typically eat PBJ for lunch and eat well for dinner. This includes all the air we want for shore diving. We do 3 to 5 dives a day.
The food, the people and the diving are great. The diving is very easy.
Check out www.bonairetalk.com and www.infobonaire.com

Nothing wrong with the Fla keys either but for a week or more, I would take Bonaire.

1500 pp ?!

We payed alot less for the keys. . .Hmmm I guess that counts out bonair. The keys will do i guess, I was just really looking forward to it :( :D

Back
Top Bottom