Looking for a good Kauai Operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's hope, David. Even w/all the rain and wind conditions at our south shore diving sites has still been awesome. Vis still in the 50-85ft + range and the water at Koloa Landing is flat like a pool. Seriously! Don't know exactly when you are coming but as of right now, the diving is still great.

Thanks again for the reply and helpful information. I just got back after spending 6 days on the south shore. I was very psyched to do some shore diving with you guys but unfortunately both of our two little girls got some sort of stomach flu and we spent two days pretty much confined to a hotel room. I didn't have as much time for diving as I had planned. Ugh! I did get in two very fun mornings of boat dives with Bubbles Below.

Hey, no worries! I'm glad you got some diving in and that you had a great time! Just means you have something to look forward to if you make it back to Kauai. I dove Koloa this morning (in the rain) and the water was gorgeous, saw several sand eels, a beautiful large Hawaiian lionfish, turtles, etc. and it was great. Viz was about 40-75ft and water temp was around 76.

You are the second person this week who told me that. I went upstairs and it turns out that they do still serve it but only in the bar for lunch/happy hour. Bummer! I always order it for lunch and eat at the shop so I didn't know they quit serving it in the restaurant for dinner. Sorry, David!

Aascubagirl, I'm coming to Kauai in two weeks (on the 15th) and just found this thread. Just wondering what conditions are generally like/supposed to be like then. Are Tunnels and Niihau diveable this time of year?

Aascubagirl, I'm coming to Kauai in two weeks (on the 15th) and just found this thread. Just wondering what conditions are generally like/supposed to be like then. Are Tunnels and Niihau diveable this time of year?

I'm not aascubagirl but maybe I can answer this for you. Unless the winter normal conditions have changed Tunnels and Niihau will not be diveable.

One way or the other Leah's operation will show you some great shore diving on the South side. I wish I was going to Kauai as well!:depressed:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom