Looking for a good Nikon repair facility...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottZeagle

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

My wife had an auto accident a while back, and my D70s was in the car.

It still shoots photos, but the flash no longer works, and there are a couple other minor issues.

Does anyone know of a good shop that fixes them?

Thanks,

Scott

there's always Nikon:

Nikon Service and Repair

I needed my SB-600 speedlight repaired (just out of warranty of course) recently and they did a fine job as expected. I would assume however they they are also the most expensive. That same page also includes a list of authorized indepentent repair facilities

I use several repair shops. Nikon USA has a flat rate of about $180 for the D70S for level B repairs, which this sounds like. I think Precision Camera is a little less, and just as good.

The guy I use most is Steve at Camera Clinic in Sparks NV.
Contact Us
775-829-2244 Steven40@AOL.Com
He's an old pro with Nikon and Canon and his pricing is much more reasonable, service quick. He has repaired a great many D70 and D70S bodies for me with that problem, although we've moved on to more modern bodies of late.

It's a common problem. Often the problem with the flash is a little microswitch that senses flash up. It gets shocked out of position if the camera lands on its top. Steve just re-aligns it good as new, most of the time. Other times it's spill damage and he replaces the necessary components. You might want to check him out, he's much faster than Nikon or the others and more reasonably priced also.

Scott,

Not sure if you're still looking, but try Cam-Tek. They're in Tampa on Busch Blvd:
(813) 961-8874
1435 W Busch Blvd Ste C
Tampa, FL 33612

I only went there once to repair a lens, but the job was done to my satisfaction.

I believe it's a one man operation, so keep that in mind when contacting...

Back
Top Bottom