Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all! I'm a pretty new diver, certified in January but I now have my Advanced Cert. I've only ever dove in Cozumel with the same dive shop (Eco Divers). I'm going to be in Miami for a work incentive trip for 5 days and rather than being dragged to nightclubs every night I would like to take a day to dive. Does anyone have any advice on shops I might want to check out in or near South Beach (that's where I'm staying and won't have a car)? I'll be by myself so hoping to find somewhere I'll feel comfortable. Thanks in advance!

In Miami you have a grand total of two options for boats - Tarpoon Lagoon in South Beach and Diver's Paradise out on Key Biscayne:

Scuba Diving Miami Beach

https://www.keydivers.com/

Haven't dove with the former in well over a decade and haven't been out with the latter; living here I usually opt to burn the gas money to go north or south. Tarpoon Lagoon is probably your best bet as they are on South Beach; South Beach Divers is another shop out there but they would book any dives through Tarpoon Lagoon or Diver's Paradise.

I took my Rescue class with South Beach Divers....located in downtown Miami .I’d go back in a NY second :)

Since you're alone and no car you have another option.
Squalo Divers in North Miami Beach offers fun trips just about every weekend. They're usually around $90 including tanks and a free guide. They even provide free transportation from their shop to the dive boat, usually Ft Lauderdale, but sometimes Key Largo! You might even get lucky and be on a weekend that they dive out of the South Beach Marina and you could just meet them there. Call them and find out where the "fun dive" is going to be during your stay.
They're located in North Miami Beach about 30 miles or 45 minute drive from South Beach. IDK how much Uber charges...
Whatever u decide, good luck!

South Beach Divers also offers transportation to Key Largo to dive with
Rainbow Reef . Call them to find out their schedule .
Good luck and safe diving !
Sea Dwellers

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom