Looking for a house to rent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chasin' Tales

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We are looking for a VRBO/house to rent on Roatan for two couples for a mid april dive trip. Needs to be at least 2 bed/2 bath and prefer to be directly on the water. Of course we have seen what's available on vrbo.com...anyone have any suggestions for homes that might not be listed on that website?

Thanks,,,

The answer depends to a great extent on what you want to do when you get there.

A house, on the water, meaning literally a very few short steps away, like 35 feet or so?

Playa Miguel Beach Houses, Roatan

Thanks Doc...by saying on the water I mean a beach/oceanfront property. Doesn't need to be literally a few steps away, but certainly don't want to hike down a 1/2 mile path to get to the water.

We are going there to dive...

I rented this one. West End Vacation Rental - VRBO 444461 - 3 BR Roatan House in Honduras, Sea Lodge Offers Privacy,Ocean Views and Unforgetable Sunsets! About a 5 min. walk to the West End. Nice place, lots of decks - the suite upstairs has a private door as the same entrance is for the living room so the other couple can use it also. Since I rented it a few years ago they've apparently added a gourmet kitchen downstairs - the WiFi is new also. The 2 bedrooms downstairs are en-suite also. It's on ironshore on the east point of Half Moon Bay. One nice feature is the outdoor ceiling fans - besides the breeze they keep the bugs to a minimum.

One of the few shore dives not at an AI resort is the Seagrape site next door. Out front of the house the ironshore is about 6' high.Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: Sea Grape of Honduras, Roatan There's a dive operator there and about a dozen more 5mins. away in the West End. We walked our gear over the first day and left it at Coconut Tree Divers all week.

They have a local van driver who lives just down the road so that's convenient also for airport/other transport.

For perspective - it's this house. The bay behind it is Half Moon Bay in the West End. The dock in the middle is Coconut Tree's - the two story building behind it is the shop and food store. Woody's is also another option about 200 yds. closer but the large food stores are in Coxen Hole or French Harbor.

sealodge.jpg

There's also www.roatanpropertymanagement.com - they're who I rented thru. They also have a couple of decent looking properties in Sandy Bay. There you could dive with Octopus or TranquilSeas and visit Anthony's Key to dolphin dive. AKR doesn't provide normal diving svcs. for non-guests though.

Here's another option I just noticed that RPM has available. Sunnyside Beach House | Roatan Property Management - it's in Sandy Bay.

If it works for you you might consider it also. See the blue channel thru the reef just off their dock? That's Spooky Channel. We had tried to get access to that dock from the property owner and were told that it was possible if no one was staying in one of the 4 houses there - but they were. You may have some difficulty locating tanks but Sueno Del Mar in the West End could be an option. We dove Spooky by boat and it was one of the better dives. Except for the AI's I don't know of another site where that's even possible.

Here's the same view on a dive site Google Earth listing. Hard to see on my image but if you zoom in it looks like the Sunnyside dock gets you about 1/3rd of the way out there.

Capture.jpg

Thanks Doc...by saying on the water I mean a beach/oceanfront property....We are going there to dive...

The place I referred you to- Playa Miguel Beach Houses, Roatan
There's a Dive Operation next door, shore dive access, reef, wreck, all that stuff.
Surprise: It's next door to Coco View, on the same private Cay.
Ask them about booking dives.

No uncertainty or maybe. Go dive.

Last April we visited Roatan with a group of friends. We also planned on diving every day and were hoping for an ocean front unit. Instead we rented Casa Nueva in West Bay. It is just up the hill from Infinity Bay Resort. I loved this place. Safe, quiet and the views were perhaps the best on the island. Basically it is two houses and two studio units. You can rent out the whole place or specific floor plans. Grounds are immaculate and the swimming pool was decent sized. Each unit offers a private patio. Since it is not directly on the ocean, it is reasonably priced. Since it is on a hill on the far west tip of the island, the constant breeze kept us comfortable and I did not encounter a single sand flea or mosquito bite.

West Bay Beach Vacation Rental - VRBO 98897 - 7 BR Roatan Villa in Honduras, Unique Location, Spectacular Ocean View Villas with Pool

IMGP0580.jpg

Back
Top Bottom