looking for a Nikon WP CP3 Case for Coolpix 5600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pluard

Registered
Reaction score
I know this is probably am impossible request, but I have a Nikon Coolpix 5600 that has been a great camera. Unfortunatly, I didn't start diving till after Nikon discontinued the WP CP3 Case. Just looking around to see if anyone has one they would be willing to part with.

I see a WP-CP3 case on e-bay right now, but a bidding is a bit high, over $200 used. I managed to get one new a couple years ago on e-bay for around $150. Have you tried looking there if you specifically want the WP-CP3 vs a Fantasea housing?

I've not seen the newer Fantasea housings for Nikon 4600/5600 but from what I have heard they should be a good choice also. The older ones several years ago lacked some function controls, but it looks like the new models have all functions available. It does look like the Fantasea housings might be slightly larger than a WP-CP3 housing...I do like being to slip my 5600 with the Nikon housing in my BC pocket when not in use.

I have owned both of the housings, Fantasea and The Nikon. There are many things you cannot do with the Fantasea, I was very disillusioned with the housing. Which is what caused me to go on an in depth search to find one of the Nikon. Anything you can do topside with the camera, with the Nikon housing is the same thing you can do underwater. I would continue to look online and post on some other boards, as someone here helped me get mine in aug of last year, paid $188+12s/h. I love my little camera, and I do still use the Fantasea tray, arms and cool flash nano, they work great. I just didnt like being so limited with the housing as it were. I will keep an eye open, I called the store I got mine from but they did not have any remaining. Best of luck.

$153 + shipping ??

Yes, I now have it on the website. Shipping is via Priority mail. CP-6.

This is a pretty old designed housing, new ones are vastly improved (200' depth, 4 metal latches, all controls, etc.). I question housing such an old camera. You can buy a new P5100 for $280 these days and Fantasea's P5000 is only $209.

Jack

Thanks for the updates. I have read that the Fantasea lacks some of the control features. I am fairly new to diving and trying to juggle equipment purchases right now and since I already have the Nikon 5600, which I really like, looking for the Nikon housing seemed like a good way to go. I may look for just a little bit longer and then consider the Fantasea. I did save the bookmark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom