Looking for a pelican case for a 21 watt Salvo light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a cheap pistol case at walmart that i carry my can light in. It has worked on numerous flights in my bag and it is much lighter and cheaper just not waterproof snd as heavy duty. Don't know if it will work for you but it has for me and I think it was less than $20.

Walmart also sells gasket style cases.

If you are traveling by commercial air, nothing lights off the whistles and bells for TSA more than a hermetically sealed case. It is an instant red flag as it is a stated method for subverting sniffer tests.

The economics of obtaining an inexpensive or used case diminish completely when you add-in the costs of shipping.

I have 4 Pelican cases on consignment at my local Surplus Store. You might think that Charleston SC might have one or two Army/Navy Surplus stores in business... try the Camo Bunker.

I think I use the Pelican 1550 for my can light.

I only use the Pelican case for storage around home, and local dive trips where I'm lugging my can light in the car.

The Pelican case is too heavy and bulky for airline travel, so I quit taking the Pelican case on the airplane. I just pack the can light in my suitcase, separate from the battery, padded with wetsuits and clothes.

I also have a camera, so I prefer to carry my camera onboard rather than my can light.

I put a foam beer cozy on the light head and toss it in my carry on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom