Looking for a place to stay in Kona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fkostyun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been looking for a place to stay in Kona, HI - and am looking for preferably a condo.

I have looked at Kona Reef - and it looks decent for a some of the condos.

What I am looking for is if anyone has any specific locations / specific condo's they would reccomend. I am staying for 7 days, starting on May 3rd.

We were originally booked to go with our LDS - but - ended up having them cancel. They were goign to stay at the Kona Seaside - but - I think we can find better / nicer for about the same price, or not a lot more.

Thanks in advance!

I've stayed at Kona Reef and it was very nice, though a little expensive. Easy walking distance to Lulu's for a beer at sunset.

Sorry that won't work for you.

I just posted my photos today but haven't labeled them yet. Ann Marie McCann : photos : Kona, Hawaii March 2008- powered by SmugMug

Plan on the Manta Night Dive. We planned to do it twice, just incase the first night there weren't many. Well, the first night we saw 9 so we asked if we (just me and my friends) could do a night dive around the area while the crew took the others for the manta dive. They let us do that and we caught the last 15 minutes of the Manta show and there were 12 that night! It was great!!

We only went out for a long weekend to dive. Wish I was still there! Have fun!!!

I found alot of good options at vrbo.com and also on the Honolulu Craigslist

Awesome pics Ann Marie! The night dive with the mantas there has to be one of my favorite dives of all time. It was an absolutely amazing experience that I will never forget. They are so graceful and so acrobatic! Truly incredible creatures.

Also, looks like you also found some really neat shrimp, crab, and lobster! I liked that zebra moray, too! Great stuff!

If you are looking at Kona Reef, try arranging through here: Kona Reef Vacation Condo Rentals Owned by a very experienced dive boat captain here in So Cal.

Awesome pics Ann Marie! The night dive with the mantas there has to be one of my favorite dives of all time. It was an absolutely amazing experience that I will never forget. They are so graceful and so acrobatic! Truly incredible creatures.

Also, looks like you also found some really neat shrimp, crab, and lobster! I liked that zebra moray, too! Great stuff!

Thanks! I was really hoping to find a dragon eel but no luck. We could hear the whales singing underwater. It was great!

Back
Top Bottom