Looking for a replacement for jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickthompson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I picked up my Jet fins for used for super cheap, but now am somewhat regretting getting them since I only dive wet and am having a bit of trouble trimming out perfectly and keeping my feet up on long dives. Can anyone recommend a good precision (jet like - short/wide blade, thick edge to assist with back kick) positively/neutral buoyant fin. My price point is around the $100 mark. No more than $150.

Thanks!

OMS slipstreams are a similar design to the jets, but are not as negative.

Funny enough, I really like mine, but am in the opposite boat from you, I'm thinking of swapping over to heavier jets for diving dry and using my slipstreams for warm water trips!

Sent from my Zeagle N2ition

Look at the HOG tech fins. 129 bucks, adjustable springs. You can find my post regarding foot pocket sizes and fin dimensions by searching for threads I've started.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Look at the HOG tech fins. 129 bucks, adjustable springs. You can find my post regarding foot pocket sizes and fin dimensions by searching for threads I've started.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

what is the weight compared to jets?

The OMS slipstreams are great, I have them in two different sizes and they weigh a LOT less than the jets. If you can't find them, Edd at Cave Adventurers stocked up on them and I know he's still got some.

I'm an F1 and F2 owner, but people also talk about the DR EXP's which are supposed to be stiff and light and a good tech fin.

I dive the F1 when diving dry, but wanted a lighter fin for travel. I like the Slipstreams and the EXP's, but neither fit my feet properly. I ended with the Hollis F2's. I don't think they have the same stiffness as the Slipstreams and EXP's, but they fit my feet and let me do the kicks I need to do.

+1 for the OMS slipstreams which i use, got it from edd over @ Cave Adventurers when it was about $70.. not sure what it runs for now... and you would have to get spring straps to go along with it

Slipstreams are very light compared to the jets and just about neutral in the water...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom