Looking for a small boat to dive from in Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

handben

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in Utila for 2 weeks this summer - end of June beginning of July - traveling with my wife and 2 kids all of whom have been certified for a couple of years (least experience ~40 dives). My brother-in-law and his wife and son will also be joining us and will be newly certified. I'm looking to dive off of a small boat (8 divers max) and wondering which dive operators in Utila would fit that bill. We may also just charter a boat with a captain if we can work out the details. Thanks for the help and collective wisdom on this board. Ben

I enjoyed my diving on Utila but not the cattle boat.

I was looking for small operators while there but didn't see any so I'll be following this thread too.

Thanks in advance!

were are you staying? i have a great guy that i dive with (i usually am diving alone), however he's based on the cays.

We are renting a house on Paradise cove (just south and east of town). I think we've got something worked out with a private charter; but it would still be a good thing to know what operations in Utila run smaller boats rather than "cattle boats" for other folks interested in this thread. Any ideas?

deep blue divers, parrots and captain morgans all run smaller boats but most of the others in town, cross creek, paradise divers, u.d.c. etc. could hardly be called cattle boats as they are usually carrying 8-14 people.

your only hassle at paradise cove is that no boat can/will dock there, so you'll have to go to and from town each day to get on a boat. i always stay on the southwest shore across from the cays, dive boats come and pick me up at the rental house dock, or i hire a boat and skipper for $300 a week plus gas.

Back
Top Bottom