Looking for a source

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WeRtheOcean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Around 4 years ago, I posted this thread:
Can anyone make this?

As you can see, the thread did not go anywhere; everyone was confused about what I was saying. Well, now I have found it. The original website I tried to reference in that thread -- now archived by the Wayback Machine. Here is what I was asking about:
The Art of Making Patterns « Pattern School

Unfortunately, there is no company name, only the reference to being in "Far North Queensland." Since there is no contact information, I doubt if I can reach out to this person; so my question is, does the community know of anyone who can take these patterns and use them? I don't have the equipment to do it myself.

I'd start by trying to find Stuart, maybe a facebook pattern group??
Great advice. It turns out the same person has a facebook group:

Pattern Designing For Stretch Textiles

Which links to a revamped version of the website:

https://patternschool.wixsite.com/s...3Okj64KDccZu13qhX9JZ17mgd56vQtMQ5Oc1BroQtQ0vU

Unfortunately, both the Facebook group and the website are now nothing but women's swimwear, no wetsuit-related content at all.

He did not reply to the Facebook message, so I have sent him an email using the address on his new page.

Here is his reply to my email:

Hi Jason,

Yes that's my old site.

This is not something that just anyone can make. It's so closely fitted that it needs a very, very experienced pattern maker, an exceptional sewer, and the model at the same time, taking three or more experiments to get right. At such a close fit you can't just buy it off the shelf in a standard size .... it has to be made to perfectly conform to each body shape. I don't personally know anyone else who has this much understanding of stretch fit and construction sorry.

Regards

Stuart
So I guess the next step is to find out if anyone whom he does not know fits the above description. I have taken the precaution of creating a file of the pattern, photo, and most relevant text from the website, so that I will not lose it again. If I find someone to work with, I can provide them with it and not need to do so much explaining.

Back
Top Bottom