Looking for a specific octo holder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pw1981

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a source to buy the Octo holders that come with the Dacor Viper Octo. Its a little "plug" that goes into the breathing hole and then the mouthpiece "clips" onto the plug. My digi-cam is on the fritz right now, or I'd get you a picture.

I am sure I will have to buy both the plugs and the specific mouthpiece that hooks in. Thats okay with me.

Anyone know what I am talking about and where to get them?

That one is close, but not exactly what I am looking for... I saw their on their site in my search.

pw1981:
I am looking for a source to buy the Octo holders that come with the Dacor Viper Octo. Its a little "plug" that goes into the breathing hole and then the mouthpiece "clips" onto the plug. My digi-cam is on the fritz right now, or I'd get you a picture.

I am sure I will have to buy both the plugs and the specific mouthpiece that hooks in. Thats okay with me.

Anyone know what I am talking about and where to get them?

How about this one: http://www.scubapro.co.uk/products.asp?P=464

divegeek,

Thats not exactly it, but it might work just as well. Where can I order/buy those? Are they reasonable?

Thanks!

pw1981:
divegeek,

Thats not exactly it, but it might work just as well. Where can I order/buy those? Are they reasonable?

Thanks!

Try a Mares/Dacor dealer. They run about 3 bucks.

TDunbar:
Try a Mares/Dacor dealer. They run about 3 bucks.

Are you talking about the ScubaPro ones that DiveGeek mentioned or the Dacor one I initially asked about?

The Dacor dealers around here have told me that the part is unavailable from Dacor as a separate part. I think they are full of it, but thats the consistent story I get.

The OEM part........ I'll post the part number when I get to the shop. Or PM me and I 'll send you one

Todd

Todd,

Thanks, PM is waiting on you. :)

Ok, I've been trying to scare some up from Mares ... They only had 2 in stock... So I've got those coming toward me - along with a back order for several dozen... figured some others may want them to. They are also out of mouthpieces that fit them...

but we use some of their regs for rental, and I've got some of the plugs sitting here... I change out the mouthpieces with different ones for our rentals that are a bit heavier, so if you want plugs, I'm good... for mouthpieces... I'll have to set you up with ones that are not used... but have been on a reg. We cut them off when we turn them into rentals to put on our color coded ones. They might have a tie wrap mark on them... but they are new.

Give me a shout about 10:30 central time and I can get some heading your way... and it just so happens the Dacor rep will be in my office at that time, so it will be a great time for me to complain about their inventory stock levels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom