Looking for Advice about Upgrading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've replied to a couple of these types of inquiries. Long story short, my first really good UW camera was a Canon A570IS (same as yours) in an Ikelite housing. I made my own tray/handle out of SS bar stock. I used the on-board camera flash with the supplied Ikelite diffuser, plus a LED light on loc-line for back-fill and focus (started with a greenforce tri-led, ended up with a SOLA 1200).

Replaced that with my current camera system, which I LOVE. Canon G16, Ikelite housing with the TTL connector. I bought an Ikelite double-arm tray and a DS51 strobe plus arm and cable. I use the strobe in TTL mode, supported by the SOLA 1200 on loc-line for video, back-fill lighting and focus light. In the often murky waters of Vancouver Island, most of the pictures are close-up (not quite macro as I'm taking photos of larger critters like wolf eels, octos and fish).

I definitely love this camera and UW system.

Thanks, Sunny.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom