Looking to upgrade my Cressi regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tigerpaw

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
As I'm beginning to dive more, I am thinking about upgrading my regulator. I currently use a Cressi MC9 compact that works great but I think I'm going to put it on a pony bottle. I'm looking for a good quality regulator. So far I've narrowed it down the the brands of:

Scuba Pro
Zeagle
Oceanic

Just looking for general suggestions and comments. Thanks!

As I'm beginning to dive more, I am thinking about upgrading my regulator. I currently use a Cressi MC9 compact that works great but I think I'm going to put it on a pony bottle. I'm looking for a good quality regulator. So far I've narrowed it down the the brands of:

Scuba Pro
Zeagle
Oceanic

Just looking for general suggestions and comments. Thanks!
You have them in the right order, I use Zeagle F8’s

I'd concentrate on Scubapro and Zeagle. Zeagle regulators don't get the recognition they deserve.

If you are upgrading, what do you think the deficiencies are of your current regulator?
Ah, great question. I haven't had any issues with my Cressi. My dive shop had recommended it to me because it was a good entry level regulator for the price. Being that I am going to start using a pony bottle for Deep/Wreck dives, I'd figured I'd place my Cressi on the pony bottle and upgrade my regulator. The scuba bug hit me hard and I'm diving more than I thought I would be so I figured it would also be a great time to upgrade. I see you're in Missouri, Bonne Terre Mine is on my list!

Are you looking for an environmentally sealed regulator? Do you need/want a turret?

I really like my ScubaPro Mk19evo/G260's for deep/cold diving. My Mk11/C370 set has been great for vacation diving.

Also, you should at least consider the Deep6 regulators since you live in the US, you get a lot for your money.

Bonne Terre Mine is a great dive. But beware, it is cold! Also the dive operator there has some strange rules and everything is non-refundable.

You have them in the right order, I use Zeagle F8’s
It's so nice to know that research pays off! Thanks for the confirmation.

It's so nice to know that research pays off! Thanks for the confirmation.

The F8 second stage is designed and manufactured by Atomic in CA. Not sure about first stage. You can't go wrong with that.

Zeagle may be running a special on F8 with octo. but sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom