Question Can any regulator be o2 cleaned?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@ScubaSamScubaStevesFather,

The kit I used I purchased new ca. 1994. I remember mine being packaged in a small, Scubapro-badged, Ziploc-type bag, and being specifically for the Mk 10. I remember it having fewer pieces than the kit you've linked--because mine was for only the Mk 10. I purchased my kit from my (then) LDS, a Scubapro shop.

I used that Mk 10 for eight or so years after I did the O2 conversion, disassembling and cleaning it for oxygen service annually, but not replacing anything. It has sat unused ever since I stopped technical diving (ca. 2002) shortly after I had my first child.

rx7diver

This is a DIY kit, assembled with a mixture of original SP parts and off-the-shelf parts.
If you assemble it yourself the cost will probably be the half, but this requires to have a local supplier of technical parts.
When you say technical parts, what are you referring to exactly?

When you say technical parts, what are you referring to exactly?
O-rings, transmission belts, high pressure hoses for oil or compressed air, high-strength screws and nuts, hose adaptors between metric and inches, sealing paste, silicon grease, machining tools, roller bearings, linear bearings, chains, sprockets, etc.
Here in Parma, the center of the Food Valley, we have at least half a dozen of shops selling these items.
Here my favourite one called FMI (Forniture Meccaniche Industriali):

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom