Looking for AI advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We usually stay at the Cozumel Palace. For this group, we're staying 1 week at El Cantil. I'd just like them to have 3 days/nights on a beach with an all-inclusive since we'll have had 7 nights close to town.I'm starting to think Iberostar....

Know it's not one of your choices but the Occidental Allegro Resort on SW part of island has a great looking beach and great looking water. I say "great looking" because I didn't really get to experience it. Dove with ProDive (a few days in 2013) who has their pier there so walked through the resort and on the beach. It's on San Francisco beach close to Palancar reef and minutes from great dive sites.

I'm currently trying to work out a stay there through my timeshare. Resort looks fantastic and is AI.

One key thing is internet access in the room. It looks like the Iberostart doesn't have it. I wonder if the Allegro does. I'm not wild about the room decor either.

Are you aware of the ironshore at the waters edge at Iberostar?

Yes, I'm aware of the ironshore. I'm thinking that the Fiesta Americana may be the best "bang for the buck". I'm not wild about the rooms in the jungle at the Occidental Grand...

Fiesta Americana is beautiful since the redo and gets great reviews.

I have stayed at the Occidental twice and it does have internet in the rooms. I didn't mind the villas in the jungle, it gave a slight secluded feel, which I thought was nice. The beach is great. Same would go for the Allegro as they share a beach, but I have never stayed there.

If you stay at the Occidental/Allegro you also have the option if walking down to Alberts if you feel like changing things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My recollection of Fiesta Americana is a bit fuzzy but I do not recall a real beach of substance there. Have you considered staying in the Playa del Carmen area? Mucho better beaches (check on the seaweed issue). Far more selection of hotels with the possibility of better food. Plenty of activities (multiple Mayan ruins, ziplines, parks, cenotes to name a few).

We stayed at the Aura a couple of years ago and were not disappointed in any way. We were upgraded to a ground floor room on the serpentine pool and could step out our door onto a small patio and into the water. A couple of times at dinner, my wife asked for two lobster tails and were given no problem. We had great staff, great room and great food. I'd say it was the nicest place I have stayed in Coz. If a person were not happy at the Aura, not sure what I recommend.

We have also stayed at the Allegro 3-4 times, at the Occidental 3-4 times and I have stayed at the Casa del Mar. I have had no issues with the rooms or food or staff at either the Allegro or Occidental. Enjoyed the beach at both. Not sure I really care about the room decor when I'm on a dive trip. And we do enjoy the garden areas (jungle?) and critters at the Occidental. That is part of what we want when we travel. Had to laugh at the iguanas at the pools at the Occidental, amazing critters.

We stayed at the Aura a couple of years ago and were not disappointed in any way. We were upgraded to a ground floor room on the serpentine pool and could step out our door onto a small patio and into the water. A couple of times at dinner, my wife asked for two lobster tails and were given no problem. We had great staff, great room and great food. I'd say it was the nicest place I have stayed in Coz. If a person were not happy at the Aura, not sure what I recommend.

We have also stayed at the Allegro 3-4 times, at the Occidental 3-4 times and I have stayed at the Casa del Mar. I have had no issues with the rooms or food or staff at either the Allegro or Occidental. Enjoyed the beach at both. Not sure I really care about the room decor when I'm on a dive trip. And we do enjoy the garden areas (jungle?) and critters at the Occidental. That is part of what we want when we travel. Had to laugh at the iguanas at the pools at the Occidental, amazing critters.
We stayed at Residencies Reef this September and it was very nice. So much so that we decided to go AI next spring. We decided on Secrets because of the area, adults only, and access to adjoining resorts. The beach is fine, and the pier is very handy for dive ops to pick up. We would stay at RR again, but we're staying 9 days and that is awkward for condo rental. We don't think we will be disappointed. :)

Back
Top Bottom