Looking for Birmingham area divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

otterdive

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've just moved back to the Birmingham area after 28 years away. I was not a diver growing up here, so I don't know any other divers. I'm an instructor, and I love diving with anyone of any skill level. Are there any clubs, or any other ways to meet other divers?

Thanks!

Sounds good! I'll plan on going there next Sunday. By the way... what was the vis yesterday?

Not the best I have seen there. Right side of quarry was the worst at about 5-8. Left side marginally better with it 8-10 @ 65 feet. Still had a blast but vis was better last November when we were there

Hi Chris, where else local are you diving, Glencoe, Madison? We are always looking for new places to try.

Madison opened two weeks ago. Not as large as blue water viz has been 15 to 20. Bottom temp was 66. Madison is only 45 to 50 deep. Good crowds and you should have no problem finding a dive buddy. Ask britt when you show up, he can help you out.

Get with Southern skin divers in Birmingham area they run a lot of trips all along the Gulf Coast from PCB to Orange Beach, Al.

I'm in Birmingham, getting solo cert there in Pelham this weekend. Shoot me a PM if you want to dive the quarry or carpool to the gulf.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom