Question Looking for Bunk Mates(s) (not same bunk!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbnbart

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone, my first actual post! Help! As I search the world for my next liveaboard, I am finding the single supplement can be high, not always, but... Wondering if there are other easy going solo world travelers that are ever willing to share to cut costs? Any advice on where I could find? I couldn't find a thread? I just know in the young hostel days it was no big deal. Asking at my local dive club was, um...never mind:). To me it's all about dive, eat, laugh, sleep, repeat. I have a 100+ dives, most recently Jan. in Turks & Caicos 7day, and 2 weeks in Mar., Cozumel/Tulum day boats/Cenote diving. Nitrox, AOW yada, yada. I am eyeing Red Sea next, not as expensive as others. Any advice appreciated!

... and in the end, if you decide to share bunks, what happens on a liveaboard, stays on a liveaboard. :wink:

Hi @bbnbart

Just reserve your single bunk. If the boat is not full, you may end up alone, without the supplement. In most cases, the boat will assign you another single roommate. It's always worked out fine for me. You don't spend a lot of time in the cabin, mostly to sleep.
Thank you. Didn't know they will assign at times. That is good to know.

As others have said, just book a single bed. The single supplement is if you want to pay more to guarantee the whole room to yourself. The only reason you would have to pay a single supplement if you didn't want to was if you wanted a specific room that only has one bed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom