Looking For Complete Package Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are thinking in the long term about cave training, why not start out with the gear that you would use to do that? You can get a backplate and wing setup from Deep Sea Supply for about $450. Or our local dive shop is offering a package deal with a DSS backplate and wing, Zoop computer, and a Subgear reg analogous to the SP MK17 (I think) for $1500, or with a more basic regulator for $1000.

If people were to not want to do homework or research on their gears, then just buy a package deal.

I personally don't want anybody to pick my gears out for me in advance, so I'd say no to any and all package. That includes even BPW and whatnot.

If people were to not want to do homework or research on their gears, then just buy a package deal.

I personally don't want anybody to pick my gears out for me in advance, so I'd say no to any and all package. That includes even BPW and whatnot.

The problem is that newbies do not know much about equipment and until Scubaboard the only research was advertisements and biased reviews.

I for one am thankful for scubaboard or I would have made some very dumb decisions and been incredibly undereducated for a long time. To the OP I got a backplate/wing and hog regulator set from Jim Lapenta for around 1000 bucks and he pretty much set everything up before he shipped it including testing the regulators. Having 2 primaries instead of an Octo too. I can't imagine diving with my wife under difficult conditions and knowing my Octo will be a POS that one of us will have to breath on in a life or death situation if it were to occur. Just my thoughts.

I can't imagine getting the same gear value per dollar without what I learned here so at least you are in the right place.

The problem is that newbies do not know much about equipment and until Scubaboard the only research was advertisements and biased reviews.

Scubaboard is convenient but it's not the only method of information gathering. Newbies can ask other shops and other divers in their area about equipment selection too.

Scubaboard is convenient but it's not the only method of information gathering. Newbies can ask other shops and other divers in their area about equipment selection too.

First, not all divers have the luxury of living in an area with multiple dive shops. Second, dive shops are among the worst places to get unbiased advice. Third, other divers may be clueless as they have nothing to compare their equipment to.

First, not all divers have the luxury of living in an area with multiple dive shops. Second, dive shops are among the worst places to get unbiased advice. Third, other divers may be clueless as they have nothing to compare their equipment to.

And of course, there are no other internet forums or internet base groups that exist either.

most all dive gear is good oceanic there in san leandro calif easy for service not over seas. most important is fit your LDS pro is great for that also paying a little more and may be a bargen for the advice and service also there classes and outings

And of course, there are no other internet forums or internet base groups that exist either.

Sure if the OP is interested in rebreathers I would recommend TDS or if looking for info on spearfishing gear I would recommend Spearboard or if interested in DIR then DIR explorers. However, for general diving questions Scubaboard is the best. For example the most recent post in the regulator forum at the Dive Matrix is back in October.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom