Looking for Denver dives in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jokeborn

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, I am going to be in the Denver area from February 9-14+ with some dive time possible in there. I am certified for and have a dry suit, as well as being certified for altitude diving. I have experienced warm water (FL and Bahamas), cold water (CA, OR mountains and WA state both summer and winter). I have also dove quarries before (KY). I am very interested in diving in the Denver or surrounding area. If anyone has a suggestion or the time to get frozen, let me know.

Hello, I am going to be in the Denver area from February 9-14+ with some dive time possible in there. I am certified for and have a dry suit, as well as being certified for altitude diving. I have experienced warm water (FL and Bahamas), cold water (CA, OR mountains and WA state both summer and winter). I have also dove quarries before (KY). I am very interested in diving in the Denver or surrounding area. If anyone has a suggestion or the time to get frozen, let me know.

Yeah, Blue Hole in New Mexico or Homestead Crater in Utah. That is where everyone dives out here in wintertime. :wink:

Unfortunately in Colorado this is the time of year to go ice fishing as the lakes and even parts of some rivers are frozen.

The Blue Hole is a 5.5~6 hour drive (400 miles) from Denver, and is located in Santa Rosa, NM. From my perspective there is ONE thing to do in Santa Rosa, and that is to dive. The restaurants are OK, there is no theater, no bowling alley, and really not much for entertainment period.

Crater, UT is essentially a large hot tub, and expensive to dive, but you don't need a dry-suit, or even a wet suit. The water temps are in the 90's I believe. There is no life in the Crater, and they charge something like $25 for EACH dive which they limit to 30 minutes I believe.

Not sure if driving 800 miles is your idea of an acceptable distance to drive to dive. Those of us living in the Denver area make the trip many times a year, but we don't have a lot of diving options here, and Santa Rosa with Three decent places to dive offers year round diving with good vis (BH), and interesting UW topography.

If you are interested in diving BH, post, and I'm betting we can get a group to go down when you are here.

Thanks for all the advice. I ended up grabbing a shark dive at the aquarium Saturday. I was going totry to see if anyone wanted to do NM on Sunday but unless I'm mistaken that's not a day trip. If it is, I would be interested.

Thanks for all the advice. I ended up grabbing a shark dive at the aquarium Saturday. I was going totry to see if anyone wanted to do NM on Sunday but unless I'm mistaken that's not a day trip. If it is, I would be interested.

The drive down from Denver to Blue Hole is the better part of a day, 7-8 hours.

Back
Top Bottom