Looking for dive and snorkel op in key largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Terryb

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi, I'm down from 'The Great White North' for my first time in the keys. We are staying close to mm100. Does anyone have a recommendation for a dive op? I am instructor level and into photog. Also can anyone recommend a snorkelling op for my friends.

cheers

If you are staying at MM100, you are basically right at the head of the marina where lots of dive ops are located. We have been diving for over 10 years with Rainbow Reef Dive Center...the first op you will see when you reach the marina. They are a very professional and safe operation. They have two charters going out each morning...one to shallow reef sites, and the other to deep wreck sites, such as the Duane or Spiegel Grove. There are guides in the water at no additional charge, but if you choose to do your own thing, it's not a requirement that you follow them. Snorkellers are also welcome...might work out well for your group :D

rainbow reef, Capt Slate, Amys?

rainbow is good :)

go outside your hotel -- hit a golf ball, and you'll find a dive op :)

bad ops don't last long at all in south florida or the keys

Thanks for the replies. I will check out rainbow divers. I already had a chat with Ocean divers they seem like a great dive center too. Can't wait to hit the water

Dive/Snorkel ops in the Upper Keys range from very good to excellent, most in the latter category.

The only thing I might offer is the consideration of a dedicated snorkeling boat as opposed to a mix on the same vessel.

I was disappointed in snorkeling there but had amazing time few weeks ago diving with the Conch Republic Divers.

- Mikko Laakkonen -

I love diving and teaching others to dive.

You might check out HMS Minnow docked behind the Holiday Inn. It is a smaller 6 pack but weather permitting might fit what you are looking for.

I think that's a good point regarding snorkel sites. I'd say that molasses is a fantastic snorkeling site, probably my favorite (especially if you are comfortable diving down a bit and putsing around for 30 second increments).

I was disappointed in snorkeling there but had amazing time few weeks ago diving with the Conch Republic Divers.

- Mikko Laakkonen -

I love diving and teaching others to dive.

Conch Republic is my favorite too. Another interesting dive op if you mix divers and snorkelers on the same boat is Quiescence. It's a six pack and will let you choose the dive site.

Ocean divers is good, I've done a couple dips with them over the years. Most if not all of the reef trips are mixed snorkel/diving. You can save about $15 if I recall correctly by booking through Force-E scuba instead of directly through Ocean Divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom