Looking for dive buddies to dive Paradise Spring Ocala

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a dummy line that goes all the way into the cavern. It is a big thick rope that cannot possibly break. There is no need to run your own line unless you want to practice. There is a cave down there though so mind the grim reaper sign and stay out. It's a particularly nasty cave from my understanding but something I still want to check out sometime. :)
Thanks for posting that, it jogged my memory. Maybe I am getting old?

Tracy is correct, there is a rope guideline, I apologize for posting incorrect information.

---------- Post added July 10th, 2014 at 08:12 PM ----------

It is definitely an interesting dive, I can recall diving it one Sunday early morning, my buddy and I got there before anyone else. At 90' water depth, probably 130' away from the surface, we could see the individual steps on the stairs at the entrance. We still feel that we went to church that morning.
This is by far my FAVORITE cavern!

10177400_892470227446_2741688612191157497_n.jpg

Tracy & Tampa Scuba, I am glad to hear that and look forward to diving it....not being cave rated I wont go beyond the sign/enter the cave but definitely want to dive both caverns and see the fossilized remains. I am still looking for people to do the dive with if either or both are interested in doing the dive with me.

Ray...

Ray,

I would but it's a little late for a dive tomorrow, and I'm busy next weekend in GA. Maybe the weekend after?

---------- Post added July 11th, 2014 at 01:59 PM ----------

I can recall diving it one Sunday early morning, my buddy and I got there before anyone else. At 90' water depth, probably 130' away from the surface, we could see the individual steps on the stairs at the entrance.
I had the same experience. Went with 2 other divers and it was crystal clear. One of the most peaceful dives I've ever had. You will definitely want to bring a light by the way, Ray.

@ S/F, Wow that sounds incredible....

@ T/S, I am more than interested if the weekend after is good for you....just keep me posted if anything changes and if you want my personal email please just let me know.......same applies to S/F and Tracy N. Also I have some one from the dive shop I frequent(Scuba Dive Addiction in Kissimmee FL, really excellent shop btw....) who is also looking to go.

I'd be willing to go sometime. It is a very pretty cavern if you get there early in the morning before all the open water students get there and start plopping into the place like lawn darts. Yes I have had one land on my head and I have witnessed them land in every position besides horizontal and in trim, lol. It's funny you can sit on the platform and watch them drop like flies. It's even worse at Blue Grotto. :) Courtesy of crappy OW instructors.

Lol.....know it is funny, I have only dove Blue Grotto once and because of the bad experience there(Staff) never went back. Otherwise I loved the dive and the spring itself... Tracy if your interested in going Tampa Scuba is saying he might be interested in the week after next your welcomed :)

BTW: Want to thank you and Tampa Scuba for accepting my friend requests...

Ray

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom