Looking for dive info around South MD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldNSalty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all. It looks like my job may be taking me to Indian Head Maryland from the lovely and warm Florida coast. I could be up there for a few months with no family. I was wondering if there is any diving around there and what I need to consider. I know I would probably need a bigger wing, maybe a new regulator, a dry suit(?)...just trying t figure out if it is worth it.

Thanks

Maryland diving sucks. We have a couple of quarries with low viz and cold water - 7 ml suit and hood. In Ocean City, there are wrecks, but again low viz, cold, deep, and long boat rides. You can dive the national aquarium too. I have not, but heard it is around $250 and the dive is about 25 min. That said, I did just get back from a trip to North Carolina which was organized by Annapolis Scuba and the wrecks were great. Check with our local shops for excursions and other local diving activities.

Not interested in quarries or aquariums...I guess I'll have to check out Ocean City. Thanks

Maryland diving sucks. We have a couple of quarries with low viz and cold water - 7 ml suit and hood. In Ocean City, there are wrecks, but again low viz, cold, deep, and long boat rides. You can dive the national aquarium too. I have not, but heard it is around $250 and the dive is about 25 min. That said, I did just get back from a trip to North Carolina which was organized by Annapolis Scuba and the wrecks were great. Check with our local shops for excursions and other local diving activities.
man, you could not be more wrong! there is some incredible diving in that area, albeit it aint Florida, but worth looking into

That sub looks like a great site. I appreciate all the help. I like that link as well, that's a great looking boat those guys are using - a lot of the boats in the North East appear....more sea-worthy to me...I like the looks of them. AT least now I know that my diving life will not end....or course, I found out there is a chance I could go to South Florida...I hope so anyway...

Highly recommend OC diver with Ted Green just off Route 50 before the bridge. While he does a lot of technical dives, he does have a number of recreational charters. Headed out with him next week. And there are hundreds of shipwrecks off MD and DE.

Terry

Virginia Beach is only a couple of hours away. For Quarries Lake Rawlings in VA or Ted green in Ocean City or Bainbridge Quarry in PA and many other quarries. There is tooth diving near Calvert Clifts in the bay. Its not Cozumel but?

I think I need to find a good dry suit instructor for this area. I've called a couple of shops but so far they don't offer much in the fall/winter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom