Looking for Dive Instructor/Buddy for Sunday June 5th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parsch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Evening,

I am interested in diving at Porteau Cove or Whytecliff this Sunday and looking for a instructor/buddy who can act help me with my skills etc. while we do a couple dives in the morning/afternoon.

I recently finished my Open Water Certification and have completed 5 open water dives...most recently La Jolla Cove in San Diego.

My open water dives were all completed at Porteau and I feel comfortable to about 50’ but breath through a tank rather quickly still (40-45mins).

I wouldn’t mind financially compensating an instructor or someone to assist me through the dives in order to help improve my skills.

If you can provide me with an instructor guide for Sunday, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

parsch

Check out Sea Dragon charters out of Horseshoe Bay they usually have a divemaster on board and they charge $110 for a 2 tank trip. Not sure if there is an additional charge for a divemaster just check with them. 40-45 min if you are on aluminum 80's is not too bad for a new diver.

Last edited:
Another option is the drop in dive with The Edge. New divers are welcome and they supply a divemaster.

Thanks for your response. I spoke with Jan from Sea Dragon Charters and I will definetly be taking a trip with them soon. I was able to find a Sunday Safari instructor led session with Dive Locker and went out to Porteau Cove this morning. Excellent two dives with roughloy 20-25 feet visibility. Had a blast!

Dont mean to be the negative nelly in the bunch.

Don't spend $100+ on a sea dragon charter when you want to work on skills.
Do some local diving, cause for $100 I want to see some life!

hey man i can take you out and work on some skills with you. lets say buy me lunch. yea yea i'm a cheap date but hey i like food and i like diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom