Looking for good freedive off Boca or Jupiter Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kenter23

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In florida for next week and left my gear at home all I have is a snorkel and mask. Anyone know of any shore accessible sites in either Boca Raton of Jupiter Island. I'm a strong swimmer and can hold my breath for a while. Thanks

Blue Heron Bridge at high tide. And lots of areas just off the beach, but the wind has been blowing 20 kts all week and looks like will continue into the weekend, so vis may be poor. Blue Heron may be your best option to get wet

Red Reef Park in Boca Raton, Ocean Reef Park on Singer Island, and Coral Cove Park on Jupiter Island are fun, very manageable free dive sites.

Also Blue Heron Bridge in Riviera Beach. If you are just doing the snorkel trail, high tide doesn't matter nearly as much as if you are going under either east or west bridge span.

+1 on the Palm Beach County Reef Smart guide. It is an excellent source and can be downloaded on Kindle.

If you go to Red Reef Park in Boca Raton, be sure and visit Gumbo Limbo Nature Center. They have 4 awesome aquariums spotlighting the 4 key underwater ecosystems in South FL (mangroves/intracoastal, near shore reef, deep reef, artificial reef). I used to be an aquarium guide there. It was a blast!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom