Looking for good, safe dive op for the cenotes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mistressmotorsports

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
looking to do maybe two days in the cenotes (caverns, not caves) in late June plus have time for a third day of diving maybe in the ocean, ferry to Coz, or something. Last time I was there, we dove Chak Mol, but I can't find the name of the operator. True were excellent, maybe a half hour out of Playa in a resort that had dolphin swims on the premises. They we excellent and very safe, but I just can't remember who they were.

Ideally, I'd like someone who can pick us up in Cancun at our timeshare or nearby. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Also, for non diving days with the rest of the family (three of us are divers, some are not) what are the opinions on the cenote swopimming/snorkeling tours and also the water parks like Xel Ha or Xcaret?

I dove with Manta divers a couple of weeks ago. They were excellent. I dove deep reefs one day and cenotes one day.
When doing the cenotes, they picked me up at my hotel. There shop is located in the hotel zone. I was very satisfied with the service I received. DM was very knowledgeable and knew a lot of the history of the cenotes.

Can't really promote anyone (I've only been with Dive in Puerto Morelos - took taxi from Grand Mayan Resort - enjoyed my dives with them - nothing fancy) but am considering Dressel Divers which is at the Iberostar in the stretch of resorts north of Playa del Carmen for our trip in the fall for the reasons you mentioned in your post. They are also in Cancun and Coz. Considering them because they will pick up at the resort we are staying at and they also do cenotes and Coz. They also set up non diving snorkeling tours. Basing this only off of their website. Will contact them as we get closer to our trip.

Hope you'll post a report after your trip of who you went with and how it worked out.

I booked three dive days and the whale shark snorkel with Manta Divers. Mimi there was very pleasant to deal with, returned calls quickly, and provided a fair price. I will let everyone know how the trip was when I get back. Thanks for the recommendations.

maybe a half hour out of Playa in a resort that had dolphin swims on the premises. They we excellent and very safe, but I just can't remember who they were.

That sounds like Puerto Aventuras. I was going to recommend Dive Aventuras anyway. My favorite dive shop anywhere.

I did my first cenote dives with Dive Aventuras. I blame them for the cost of all the subsequent classes!

Pro Dive Mexico was amazing. I dove about 15 tanks with them, most being in Cozumel and a couple in cenotes.

Ditto on Dive Aventuras. The OP had to have dived with them, and the same quality that they experienced previously is guaranteed if they book with them again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom