Looking for honeymoon help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

silvernotch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am getting married 7/13/13 and am looking to go on our honeymoon shortly thereafter. We are both divers and I have currently visisted SXM, St. Lucia, St. Croix, Montserrat, Jamaica, and Roatan. I've only been with my fiance to STX, Roatan, and M'rat though. I went to the other locations with an ex of mine and don't want to repeat any of those islands on my honeymoon.

We're doing a honeymoon registry so we're not exactly sure on how much money we'll be getting out of that but our budget is probably around $6k.

What I would like:
-Looking to do about 10-14 days
-I usually never do AI's but would like to do one for this trip.
-I would like to dive for a good amount of the trip but don't want to dive everyday. I would like to throw in a few beach/excursion days
-Would like to stay away from kids
-Want beachfront accommodations
-Would love a private pool/jacuzzi but it's not necessary

I don't know how I feel about a Sandals type place. I just feel like they're herded full of people that will probably get on my nerves lol. I don't need luxury but I feel like the quieter AI's are all under that luxury category.

A couple places I have looked at: Little Cayman Beach Resort, Galley Bay Resort in Antigua, Petit St. Vincent Resort, and I've been wanting to go to Grenada for years so I've taken a glance or two at Spice Island. I honestly really wanted to go to Bora Bora or Palau but my fiance doesn't want to sit on a plane for a long time. Maybe we'll do one of those trips for our 5 year anniversary.

Any help anyone could give me I'd really appreciate it. My fiance doesn't care as long as it's warm and I'm happy so he hasn't helped me narrow it down a whole lot lol.

Thanks!

Last edited:
That's a funny title...

Please check your sense-of-humor pills, I see a sign they might have been expired...

---------- Post Merged at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:02 PM ----------

lol I should have said honeymoon location help.

Your pills are working just fine!!!! :wink:

It's too bad St. Lucia is off the list, as Rendezvous Resort on that island ticks all the boxes except for the private pool. I spent a week at Brac Reef Beach Resort, which is the sister resort of Little Cayman Beach Resort, and really liked it. May be more dive-centric than you want, though - from what I could see, most guests did either 2 or 3 dives a day. There are bluffs down the island which offer cave exploration and I think climbing. Food was terrific. Certainly not luxury, but a great operation. Nice diving, too.

James

It's too bad St. Lucia is off the list, as Rendezvous Resort on that island ticks all the boxes except for the private pool. I spent a week at Brac Reef Beach Resort, which is the sister resort of Little Cayman Beach Resort, and really liked it. May be more dive-centric than you want, though - from what I could see, most guests did either 2 or 3 dives a day. There are bluffs down the island which offer cave exploration and I think climbing. Food was terrific. Certainly not luxury, but a great operation. Nice diving, too.

James

Yeah I really enjoyed St. Lucia and would love to go back one of these days but just not for a honeymoon.

I was looking at Brac Reef the other day briefly but might have to check it out some more.

Congratulations! Ever Considered St. Vincent? More specifically Young island? Young Island is a private island 100 yards across a small channel from Dive St. Vincent. At Dive St. Vincent we can offer y'all a diving package's that gives you way more freedom than an all Inclusive resort. You Pick the days you want to dive and change them around as you like once you're here. Our Small Boats offer Quick access to all kinds of diving Reef, Wall, Wrecks and were famous for finding Critters. Also at 6 People max your never gonna get that "herded" feeling.
Sound Like a great Honey Moon?

Feel Free To PM me or Contact Dive St.Vincent or Young Island.

---------- Post Merged at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Congratulations! Ever Considered St. Vincent? More specifically Young island? Young Island is a private island 100 yards across a small channel from Dive St. Vincent. At Dive St. Vincent we can offer y'all a diving package's that gives you way more freedom than an all Inclusive resort. You Pick the days you want to dive and change them around as you like once you're here. Our Small Boats offer Quick access to all kinds of diving Reef, Wall, Wrecks and were famous for finding Critters. Also at 6 People max your never gonna get that "herded" feeling.
Sound Like a great Honey Moon?

Feel Free To PM me or Contact Dive St.Vincent or Young Island.

Back
Top Bottom