looking for longer duration liveaboard....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a fair number of divers who come on my trips back to back for a month in Raja Ampat. More women than men have stayed on for more than 1 trip. There is enough to see there that is easily do-able without getting bored.

I stay on the ship myself for 2-3 trips (11-14 days each) with a 2 day break in between in Sorong where I do laundry, catch up on email and news, and sleep! It's good to have a couple of down days since we dive so much during the cruises. I'm always sorry to leave the ship, the diving and the crew! By staying longer one can really get to know the people in the crew. There are usually 15 or 16 crew, so it takes some time.

Between trips I leave most of my stuff on the ship. I clean up my video housing and get it ready to go for the next trip, then the crew puts it away in a safe place. My dive gear is rinsed and left on the ship too. I take only dirty laundry, laptop, toiletries, my Kindle, and maybe a camera to the hotel between trips.

It's a nice way to get in a LOT of diving without the hassle of changing dive operations.

For the 2nd of back to back trips I offer a discount. This year, two 14 day back to back trips are available in Oct/Nov. PM or email for info.

We have many clients who book "back-to-back" charters. It's very popular for liveaboards like The Siren Fleet and Dive Damai to cater to this by offering back-to-back charters with different itineraries. An example would be a trip we are organizing for Mark Strickland. He's going to Indonesia on the Dive Damai I Aug 10-21 and Aug 24 - Sept 7 2013. You can choose from two different itineraries, or do both! Either Manokwari to Biak for eleven nights and/or Biak to Manokwari for fourteen nights. A long trip like this sounds like HEAVEN! Have fun and let me know if you need some help.

i appreciate all of the replies, and the back to back liveaboard is actually probably what I will end up doing.

I have to say that I am shocked (probably shouldn't be though) at the direct advertising done by people in this thread.

Actually that's allowed under our ToS since you asked the question...

Reactions: Jax
Good morning! Rocio del Mar has it's last trip to the Socorro Islands May 19 to May 28. This is a 9 day trip. You could spend a few luxiourious days in Cabo San Lucas the join us for our 12 day Explore Baja which leaves San Jose del Cabo on June 1 and arrives in Puerto Peñasco on June 12.
This trip could also be combined the following season. Explore Baja October 25 to November 5 then join us on our Socorro Island trip November 8-16 2012. Please call me for more details. Dora 602-558-9580 or visit our website at Rocio Del Mar Liveaboard

<<I have to say that I am shocked>>

Just do like me and put them on the "never use" list.

Very bad because it is destroying the value of the board. Travel agents, I have plenty of. Unbiased experience in the place I'm actually going, is much more difficult to get. Travel agents are inherently biased because they want to put you SOMEWHERE they use, besides thier useless links pretending to be other than a brochure. Posting in the marketplace is welcome, otherwise... on the list.

Hi KVM - all great input about various options but if you are truly open to anywhere around the world then if you send me an e-mail I will send you an up to date list (40 pages) of the schedules, availability and rates of most of the world's top liveaboards. We have 10-15 night trips in Galapagos, Cocos, Malpelo, Socorro, Clipperton, Caribbean, Alaska, Indonesia, Palau, Philippines, French Polynesia, Fiji, Maldives, and more. The trick is to tie them all together do you are on them at the best time in the best places. If you are available to leave at the end of February we have a 19 night trip across Indonesia at 3600 Euros. In the Maldives we have many 14 night trips to the Deep South. Send me a note to Dom@DiveAdvice.com and I'll be happy to sedn you the listing. You can also find info on my website at www.diveadvice.com but the list is easier to read and is more up to date. Best Dom

You know, if I ask about something I want to do, and people who offer the service I'm asking about post what they have to offer, I'm not offended. I asked for information, and I got it, and I can do with it what I like. It's quite different when someone posts that they've gotten certified to dive, and somebody else immediately offers them gear. But if I ask, for example, about affordable lodging in Tulum, and someone posts that they have a small hotel there and these are their rates, I don't consider that inappropriate advertising.

Hi Shasta man - I realise you have done a lot of posts and are obviously a man of great experience and integrity but why do you assume that agents who offer input on this board are automatically biased and damage the value of the board. It would seem to me that many of us in the industry who have dived all over the world and keep up to date with what is going on, have access to trips and infromation that the general public may not ahve, are amongst the most valuable sources of info. Experience counts and you more than most should recognize that. No one is forced to book thru an agent but it does not cost any more and frequently less, plus you have a whole lot more support when things don't go exactly as planned. I am sorry if that means I am now on your "never use" list but I think advice from all sources is what makes this board a success. Happy diving.

Back
Top Bottom