Looking for more shore dive spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tddfleming

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We moved down here to south FL a year ago and have hooked up with a couple of meetup groups to help us find the local dive spots, but we are looking for more less populated shore dives here in south FL. We have dove from Deerfield to Dania Pier. Mainly, LBTS & Dania. But have been out to Copenhagen, Pompano Dropoff, Yellowbrick Rd, Vista Park, EroJacks, Seatech Ledges, Perry St. & BHB. What are we missing?

We live in southern Palm Beach County, so we tend to end up in Broward for the most part, as this is where the meetup groups go. But we are more than willing to travel north. Are there any meetups or clubs that shore dive north of us?

If I missed a spot in Broward, that is worth diving, please let me know. How are off shore are the Breakers?

Thanks for suggesting any new dive spots.

visit the Vero Beach Scuba Club on Facebook! we have a large group of local divers here and quite an array of shore dives. we also have quite the array of sea life on our reefs with lots of sharks, turtles and tons of tropical. the currents, winds and viz dictate our local dives. check us out!

The Breakers reef is a very short swim from the beach, but if you're not staying at the hotel it's a long haul with your scuba gear. I like it for snorkeling.

---------- Post added September 14th, 2013 at 11:02 PM ----------

There's the Bahia Mar reef in Fort Lauderdale.
It's parallel with South Beach Park and the reef formation is like the Dania Beach EroJacks. It's a far swim out, but it can be done as a beach dive.
I have not explored this site before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom