• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Looking for old Skin Diver and other magazines (For archive)

Discussion in 'Vintage Diving & Equipment' started by telemonster, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Popgun Pete

Popgun Pete Contributor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I know the early issues of Skin Diver have been scanned up to the sixties and maybe the seventies. They were OCR processed to be character readable so the issues could be searched rather than being just images of the text. They were all put up on the Web for a period on a password protected site. However the copyright issue reared its head and the info was taken down.

Akimbo likes this.
  2. scubascan

scubascan New

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I am going to be scanning a good number of Skin Diver and other older dive magazines soon.

I have them in hand.

I will post them, and there will not be a password.

I am going to cut the bindings off soon for the ones that have glue based bindings.

The magazines that are staple bound will have the staples removed before scan and it will be less destructive.

TTFN

GJC and lowwall like this.
  3. jrltenn

jrltenn Public Safety Diver

I have every issue from the 60’s.
    January 1959 through December 1969 (11 years)
    They could be scanned pretty easy since most are already split and cataloged in three ring binders.
    I had thought about selling them if someone wants to make a reasonable offer.

Akimbo likes this.