Looking for opinions on the Seaquest Balance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP:
Ah yes, the Transplate is the best "almost a BP/W" that you will ever replace with a BP/W!

:14:

hahahaha! Ya, the idea of a HOG harness is always in the back of my mind... One day... Maybe... :D

That being said, its still a BP/W - just a fancier harness...

I have about 8 or 10 dives on mine. I like it.

My dislikes:

Waist is too large. I have a M/L and the sholders are fine but I need the waist belt adjusted almost completely in. When I don it I have to fiddle with it to get it adjusted right. This exposed what I consider to be a design flaw. The waist buckle presses against the D-rings that are used to assist inserting the weight pouch. One snapped while donning. The LDS was great about it. They said they would send it back to be repaired or replaced, or they offered to have metal D-rings sewn in. Once I get it adjusted right it feels good though.

I don't care for the female plastic buckle on the bottom right. I would prefer a metal D-ring like is on the bottom left. No biggie.

The metal sholder D-rings are l little too high. What ever I clip to them ends up in my face. I tend to use the plastic shoulder strap D-rings instead.

It can be difficult to coax that last little bit of air out. You need to get a little vertical to get that last burp out.

I'm mixed on the pocket. It works for me just fine, but I wish it had a small pocket to the left side too.

Maybe it's just me but it seems no matter what I do the inflator hose is always in my face.

If that's not nit picky enuff. Mine has the red trim. I hate red. I don't know what I was smoking when I bought it. If anyone just loves red and would like to trade that would be great.

My likes:

The weight system is perfect, nuff said.

The rotating sholder strap buckles make the chest/sholder area very secure and form fitting.

When I'm under and I get it all adjusted right it feels like it's not there.

Sorry to be long winded and a little late but that's the type of thing I like to read about gear when I'm researching.

Overall I would buy another one if it got lost or stolen. JUST NOT RED!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom