Looking for potential wedding sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lostlugnut

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
To all,

A little background. My Fiance and myself are from Alabama and are looking to do a small private wedding and want it to be something that is us. We both have done the traditional wedding and want something a little outside the box. I have been snorkeling for nearly 30 years, and introduced her to the underwater world. She fell in love and and decided that is where we need to get married. It is something we both have a deep passion for. We are looking for possible locations and outfits that have done this before.

We wish we could afford Bali or Bora Bora, but we must stay a little closer to home. We are looking for fairly shallow ~30ft and clear. One of the locations we are considering is Vortex springs in Florida. Please if you know any info that would help let me know.

Thanks
Chris

We have been doing a little more research and came up with some more locations. If anyone has any experience let me know.

Morrison Springs, FL
Jackson Springs,FL
Ginnie Springs, FL

Morrison is prettier than Vortex. Clearer water as long as there isn't an Open Water class kicking it up.

There is always the FL Keys. :D

Key West? I think that's where I'd go if I was in this situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think I recall a dive instructor in Pompano - named Barbara Militello, who was preforming weddings.

I second key west.

check with aquariums; many do guide dives. see if they will let you do your vows in the main tank with a small wedding party in the tank and the rest watching through the glass. this makes it fun for divers and none divers alike.

hope this helps.

T

Sent using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom