Looking for quick hints when landing in Cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's 7-11 everywhere they've got all the toiletries you need if not supplied by the hotel.

You're speaking for Cebu, to be clear, right? Last time I was on Malapascua there was clearly nothing approaching a 7-11, although I did find some tindahans in back of the resorts.

Lots of great info, thanks all! Guess I will find a bank in Manila and exchange cash there.

Globe or Smart? I have the iPhone6, unlocked. Don't make many calls, but good internet is desired.

Michael

I did my IDC with TSD. Had a great time. Malapascua is a lovely island. You will undoubtedly end up in 'Malditos'. triple rum and coke cost about $1!!
Easy boat trip from Malapascua to get your medical done. took me about 4 hours round trip (including wait at the docs office). Once you take the boat to the mainland you can get a scooter to the docs office for next to nothing. my driver waited for me and it was still only a few bucks
If I remember correctly most of the IDC students on my course stayed at 'heidis'. I stayed in a place called 'romantic place'. There was nothing romantic about it. Just constant flooding and the smell of mould. Very cheap though!haha
Cocobana (?) is right on the beach and fairly reasonable. Im sure you could get a good deal if you booked for a month or so.
Im jealous, you will have a great time! PM me any specific questions and if I cant remember (two whole years ago!) I will message my other friends that were there :)

Yea cebu and lapu lapu 7-11 everywhere. Malapascua, no 7-11 yet. Also, T-mobile plans apply in the Philippines. Unlimited text and data, but phone calls are 20 cents a minute.

A lot of you say carry a lot of small bills, because change can be difficult to get, how much did you try to carry?

The suggestion was made that 1000 pesos a day (roughly $20) should cover food and drink. What denominations do you try to have? Looks like there are 20p, 50p, 100p, 200p, 500p and 1000p notes. Since 100p is roughly $2.50, would just getting 100p, 200p and 500p notes work? Skip small notes and the 1000p altogether?

Thanks all, getting short here!
Michael

Back
Top Bottom