Looking for recommendations.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cresswell:
Hello Mike: You might check-out the web site...criticalaspect.com. This is an innovative backplate and harness that may make things easier for you.

Looks nice, I'll add that to my BP/W bookmark page.

Still looking around and trying to figure out what would be best for myself.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael,

I applaud your determination to be able to do as much as you can for yourself, but remember this is a buddy sport. I was fiercely determined to do it all myself when I started, but I've learned that accepting or even asking for some help is perfectly okay -- I mean, look at all those divers out there in back zip suits! If a way of configuring your gear works well for you, but requires some help to get into, it's not a big deal at all.

I know, my buddy still helps me don my wet suit and anything else I need. I have no problem asking for help, it's not a macho thing or like I have anything to prove. :) I just like to see that I can do it by myself first, if not, I'll ask. :) Back zip suits? That's scarey to me... *hides in the corner*

:wink:

Michael

Matthew,

What size is it? I'm quite a large fellow. 6' 6" and 315lbs. I wear a XXL in an Oceanic Probe LX.

Michael

Sadly no I don't, It's been years and many miles since then. that was when I was living in Michigan, (now in Virginia) He was using a Seaquest balance then.

standard plate... you will probably want to get a larger one if you order one but the webbing is infinitely adjustable. Besides large people use normal sized plates from other manufacturers... it may not fit as well as Tobin's different sizes but they get away with it so you should be able to get a feel for the rig with mine.

Ok, sometime next month, well need to hook up and go to Pelham or somewhere. I'm saving money right now for the cruise at the end of the month.

Thanks,

Michael

Matt,

Does Hattiesburg have a pool open this season? If so, I might be able to come down and try that plate out. Let me know asap. If not, maybe you could come up here and I can get us into a pool. I'll even buy lunch. :)

Thanks,

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom