Looking for Scuba Books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StSomewhere:
The Certified Diver's Handbook: The Complete Guide to Your Own Underwater Adventures by our very own Clay Coleman.

Not just for new-to-diving divers. Guaranteed to motivate you to go diving. Very little to nitpick, which is amazing for a book that has such strong recommendations. The best $16 you'll ever spend on a scuba book. Its that good.

Great book! Love the ear dry "recipe".

I also just finished No Safe Harbor. Good book about the Wave Dancer tragedy.

http://www.nosafeharbor.com

Seriously, StSomewhere has a super recommendation. Add it to your collection - you'll re-read parts and refer to it frequently. Mine's dogeared and eaten up.

Shadow Divers was a great read.

c-monkey:
Shadow Divers, Last Dive, & Dark Descent are all about the Andrea Doria!

mossym:
huh? Shadow Divers is about a german uboat, and last dive is about a father and son team who did a lot of diving...

both mention the andrea doria, but neither are about it...
And Dark Descent is about the Empress of Ireland, again the Andrea Doria is mentioned of course.

mossym:
huh? Shadow Divers is about a german uboat, and last dive is about a father and son team who did a lot of diving...

both mention the andrea doria, but neither are about it...

Oh duh- sorry- I knew that. :blush: :bonk: Just really trying to make the general point that the original poster is looking for books specifically different. Of course those are both GREAT books, just not real far off the beaten path.

ChikkenNoodul:
And Dark Descent is about the Empress of Ireland, again the Andrea Doria is mentioned of course.
Yep.. thanks for correcting me again. Deep Descent (by the same author) is the one about the Andrea Doria. I'll just stop posting now...

Not sure if this is frowned upon, if so please remove it. I have bought quite a few books from scubadivingbooks.com. I've had really fast shipping and success. Of course once you know what you are looking for, some of these books can be found on amazon at even cheaper prices.

Lets not forgot the airspeedpress.com books. The oxygen hackers companion, the scuba regulator repair and maintence book, and the divelight companion are all books I have read. All of these are packed full of information and worth their weight in gold on the subjects they cover.

Matt

For those who haven't been there yet, Cousteau's The Living Sea is one of the best books I've ever read, diving or no.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom