Looking For Scuba Sites Near Franklin Tn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am seeking quality open water training sites in or near middle Tennessee (Franklin) or Northern Alabama (Huntsville).

I am a PADI instructor looking for quality dive training sites.

Unless Madison, AL opened this year, Pennyroyal is the closest we have in the area. There is a quarry West of Nashville, but it is private and for club members only. If you find something else, let me know. I'm in Lebanon, just East of Nashville.

I'm headed to Pennyroyal on 5/14 if you want to check it out. I'm meeting my sister and Neice and it will be the first time there for all of us.

And NetDoc, when I see the recent quarry water conditions report of 61 degrees, I seriously consider flying down to dive with you!

And NetDoc, when I see the recent quarry water conditions report of 61 degrees, I seriously consider flying down to dive with you!
Oh dude, save your money. It's freezing down here. It was only 76 last week on the Grove.

Pennyroyal Blue Springs Resort is in Hopkinsville, a town of roughly around 33,000. A lot of regional training takes place there; instructors bring students from a large drawing area.

I suspect the private quarry Bert Stevens mentioned is leased by a private PADI instructor, Marcos Tramell, and here's a ScubaNashville Facebook Page Link - I have no idea whether that's of any use to you, but if you're curious, there it is.

Bert Stevens, since your listed location is Lebanon, TN, let me ask you about an option in that area I've never been to; Martha's Quarry. Any idea what the status on that it at present? Do people train there these days? Judging from the comments under the DiveBuddy.com entry, looks like it may no longer be an option?

Some Googling turned up Loch Low-Minn Diving Resort in Athens, TN. Looks farther from you than Pennyroyal Blue Springs Resort, but might be of interest.

Another long distance place, still in TN, is Philadelphia Quarry in Philadelphia, TN. Only 3 acres in size. If you teach any students from that area, might be worth knowing it's there.

If you do much Googling and find old references to Dive Cerulean in Cadiz, KY, that one closed years ago.

Richard.

Sadly, Martha's and Cerulean are both closed. We really need something in the immediate Nashville area!

Oh dude, save your money. It's freezing down here. It was only 76 last week on the Grove.
Who said anything about money? I work for an airline. If there is an open seat, I can fly free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom