Question Looking for seats for XS scuba valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I believe there are two, this is the convertable DIN/Yoke 3442 PSI valve

Have you checked Northeast Scuba Supply?

I don't see a question posed in the thread. Makes it hard to answer, but here goes:

If you are looking for the valve seats, I believe they are all the same across the XS line -
their referenced part # VP-05. Available from folks all over the interwes. I just keep a parts bin full of them. I've obtained from DGX, Piranah, NE Scuba, as well as directly from XS in a pinch (part of rebuild kits).

The exploded parts diagram from XS for their Pro Valve is at:​
The parts diagram index is at:​
If you are replacing the seat, you've torn the valve open, so you are having to rebuild the XS valve (XS- the one with no copper crush gasket but instead the one with the packing o-ring), I've not recently found that o-ring from any of the online scuba support stores (one of the biggies might have hypothetically told me off the record if I remembered it right that those didn't sell so they don't offer them; I had to get kits directly from XS - or someone else had a spec posted on SB for the o-rings that was not available, or very hard to find, in the USA so I had to order a handful from a French o-ring/gasket supplier.... YMMV) That kind of thing is why I don't like anybody's valves on my tanks except for Thermo and Blue Steel - I don't have to keep that many part numbers on hand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom