Looking for shore diving in South FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IM down to dive on weekdays/weekends, I'm local to Miami, but don't mind driving up to Ft Lauderdale - area to shore dive, Hollywood is much closer to me, and I have my own stuff including tanks.

IM down to dive on weekdays/weekends, I'm local to Miami, but don't mind driving up to Ft Lauderdale - area to shore dive, Hollywood is much closer to me, and I have my own stuff including tanks.
Yellow Brick Road? Where in Hollywood? Which weekdays and usually, from what time to what time?

I don't own tanks, debating if I should get BCD and/or regulator from the get-go.

The hassle of renting a bunch of stuff makes me lean to owning, but I wouldn't know right now how much would I be able to dive... but I'm trying to buy intelligent, some used in very good shape, some good prices, etc.

Yellow Brick Road? Where in Hollywood? Which weekdays and usually, from what time to what time?

I don't own tanks, debating if I should get BCD and/or regulator from the get-go.

The hassle of renting a bunch of stuff makes me lean to owning, but I wouldn't know right now how much would I be able to dive... but I'm trying to buy intelligent, some used in very good shape, some good prices, etc.
I got certified a couple months back. I also thought about renting gear and decided against it as I want to start diving more often. I ended up picking up my regs/bcd used/ tanks were from a dive shop used. Fins and mask got it from a dive shop while doing my ow training.

I'm still new but I'd like to join some shore dives. Met a couple guys on the forum already that want to do some shore dives up in ft Lauderdale. Just waiting for better weather.

Definitely buy your own gear. You'll save money and feel more confident and comfortable. You never know what you'll get out of a rental regulator, it might just start free flowing the moment you get in the water. I highly recommend looking into BPW options. Dive Gear Express has some great options, and their shop is in the FLL area. If you're concerned about setting a BPW up, then watch online videos. I recently upgraded my wing and only had to buy one part and not replace the entire thing.

The BCD is the only piece missing. I might get an used one in good shape for a good price that I would be able to get most of it back when I jump on the next one.

I have to test a bunch of equipment! I am going to do a set up dive soon, before jumping in with you. I'm going to be the one slowing you down if I don't.

I'm going to need a set up buddy :D

The BCD is the only piece missing. I might get an used one in good shape for a good price that I would be able to get most of it back when I jump on the next one.

I have to test a bunch of equipment! I am going to do a set up dive soon, before jumping in with you. I'm going to be the one slowing you down if I don't.

I'm going to need a set up buddy :D
You won't be slowing him down, he already dives slow.. (good thing) what you will be doing is shortening the dive time. But that's to be expected since you are a newer diver, and he knows that going in.
Good luck on the equipment. You could always rent variuos styles before buying. As Chen said, a BPW is an excellent choice. I believe DGX lets you rent first, and if you buy the rental is free. Or something like that.

Learning, watching, etc from Chen... you will be on the fast track to becomming a snot nosed diver.. :rofl3: (though he hasn't fully corrupted his other noob buddy yet)

There is a dive shop just off Turnpike/163 exit called Squalo Divers. Haven't heard much about them. Been meaning to stop by the shop.

In S. Ft. Lauderdale, I would go to Aquatic Ventures. They do check out dives in N. Hollywood and are probably the closest to the Hollywood area

I was driving up US1 in Dania, just south of the airport and saw a new dive shop. But other than passing it quickly, I know nothing else.

Yeah, that's the one I found online closer to me, I think, Squalo Divers. I'll try to stop by soon

Also, H2O Dive Center on the other side, at Surfside

You won't be slowing him down, he already dives slow.. (good thing) what you will be doing is shortening the dive time. But that's to be expected since you are a newer diver, and he knows that going in.

Learning, watching, etc from Chen... you will be on the fast track to becomming a snot nosed diver.. :rofl3: (though he hasn't fully corrupted his other noob buddy yet)

Whether my dive will be shortened or not would be up for debate, I mean it's BHB, he can almost just stand up and walk out. I'll definitely be clear in setting that expectation before we enter.

As to being a snot nosed diver, I love leaving them green so they can learn from you :) But then again, if someone silts me out, they might see me poke someone with a tickle stick :poke:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom