Looking for smaller dive bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bratface

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The old dive bag has given up. I am taking a trip in May and would like to replace it with a smaller rolling duffle. The old bag is 30" and weighs around 12 pounds. I am wondering if anyone has used a 26" rolling bag--or is that too small?

I will be flying so I need a light weight bag. I'm a female and would be carrying the usual--BC, reg, fins, mask, booties, wet suit, mesh bag for the boat, a couple of lights and my surface marker. I'll be wreck diving so need to take safety stuff along.

The camera, computers, and dive mask go in my carry on.

Think about UPS'ing your 'stuff' or go to 'ebags' and look at the military backpacks....The bigger ones hold a lot and are easier to carry........Tougher and a lot less expensive too.....

I use a LL Bean Adventure Rolling Duffle - Large and it fits all of my gear that includes my bulky 7mm wetsuit + 7mm vest.
8 lbs 2 oz
Adventure Rolling Duffle, Large: Duffle Bags | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean

It's narrow enough to roll through walkways on the sides between the bow and stern of a dive boat. Price is reasonable compared to a dive specific roller. And lighter than your typical dive specific roller. The only flaw is the duffle doesn't stand up on it's own; it was designed to lay flat.

I use a LL Bean Adventure Rolling Duffle - Large and it fits all of my gear that includes my bulky 7mm wetsuit + 7mm vest.
8 lbs 2 oz
Adventure Rolling Duffle, Large: Duffle Bags | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean

It's narrow enough to roll through walkways on the sides between the bow and stern of a dive boat. Price is reasonable compared to a dive specific roller. And lighter than your typical dive specific roller. The only flaw is the duffle doesn't stand up on it's own; it was designed to lay flat.

We have two of 'em and the are great. Wouldn't go diving without 'em.

I've tried a lot of different stuff for traveling with dive and camera gear, and the best thing I've found has been an old plastic Samsonite suitcase with wheels. These things are indestructable, you can find them at garage sales in all different sizes for less than $20, they weigh nothing and the hard sides protect your gear. They also look like they belong to some indigent person and aren't full of expensive dive gear.

Thanks everyone. E-bags has some great stuff but they won't ship to the island. Most won't. I know LL Bean will but I don't know how much. I may need to just drag the junky one along and buy a new one when I get to Miami. We just don't have any selection here and what we have is either too shabby or too big or costly.

Thanks bill graham. I do get the idea but no way in the world would I ever have a pink bag.:blinking:

Back
Top Bottom