looking for something simlper than bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Icelander

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
ok this is what im looking for its a plastic tank mounting that you strap on your back, just the tank strapped to your bcd but i want an emergecy inflateble bladder on each side of the tank both small like though enough to hold a diver on the surface in case of an emergensy
the reason im looking for this is becouse i do some underwater work that make me find the bcd uncomfitable i never use it underwater couse i control my boyancy with my drysuit getting rid of the bcd in theese simple dives makes the dive alot easyer but in case of the unlikly evernthat my suit would be ruptured and for some reason i wouldnt be able to drop my wiights then i want a backub float
so basicly a wery simple bcd
anyone got any idea about something like this out there
thanks

Icelander:
ok this is what im looking for its a plastic tank mounting that you strap on your back, ... i want a backub float so basicly a wery simple bcd
anyone got any idea about something like this out there
thanks

http://www.leisurepro.com/prod/DIV1082.html

You can get a very cheap backplate (see above), then a "wing" for lift,
and use a "hog harness", which you make with webbing and a buckle, like this...

http://www.northeastscubasupply.com/specials/bp_famous_specials.html

Search on scubaboard for BPW (or BP/W), which stands for "backplate and wing". You'll find thousands of suggestions.

You could buy the plastic backplate, about 5 meters for 2" webbing and a weight belt buckle, and get any wing from eBay... search for "scuba wing".

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom