Looking for Spearfishing Book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlyle:
"The Last of the Blue Water Hunters," Carlos Eyles

A great read!

Looks good! http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1881652335/002-6651793-5597610?v=glance

But I am a newbie to it all, and I need to find a basic how-to book too. For example, somebody was telling me the other day how it is not uncommon for a diver, while positioned by an anchor line, to shoot an amberjack which then proceeds to circle the diver AND the anchor line and wind the spear line around both! I would have never dreamed of that happening! So, I said to myself
Self: You need to learn about this speardiving by something other than trial and error!

If you go to Amazon.com and do a search in the books section for "spearfishing," you'll get some of the type of resource you're looking for. The Spearfishing and Underwater Hunting Handbook is intended as a teaching tool and is OK, but I really don't have anything to compare it to. It covers the type of safety information that you are rightly concerned about.

Back
Top Bottom