Looking for vis / temp reports...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPENDERGRAST

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone get out this weekend? Despite a few wind gusts, it's been beautiful here in Memphis. Unfortunately, however, I can't shoot fish here. I'll be in Destin next weekend with a few friends, and we were wondering if anyone had any idea of what it was like offshore?

Thanks!!

Hey I don't shoot further than 25' so that's plenty for me... And 63-68'? That's downright toasty compared to the lakes and quarries up here!

Just got a report that Ft. Pickens has viz from 0ft at the surface to 15ft at about 35ft and deeper

Hey I don't shoot further than 25' so that's plenty for me... And 63-68'? That's downright toasty compared to the lakes and quarries up here!

Probably still a degree or three warmer at depth too, but there's little room for complaint with 68 degrees :D

Just got a report that Ft. Pickens has viz from 0ft at the surface to 15ft at about 35ft and deeper

Probably still a degree or three warmer at depth too, but there's little room for complaint with 68 degrees :D

:dance::dance::dance:

On 3/31 we dove the Black Bart and Bridge Span #14 off Panama City. Water was 63 and vis was 35-45' at 55'.

We went out friday 4/2 with the Wreck Raider in PCB. It started out very foggy with seas at 2-3', but calmed down before we were in the water and turned out to be a beautiful day. We hit a liberty ship and the Red Sea. Came back with somewhere around nine sheepshead, a few mangrove snappers, one large triggerfish, a barely legal (but legal) Gag, and another Gag that probably weighed about 18-20 lbs. All in all a very fun trip and the Red Sea is an awesome dive.

We saw quite a few ARS which would have been in the 10-15 lb range, and the largest Sea Turtle I've even seen.

I highly recommend going out with Rod if you get the chance to. He's very accomodating, and has a great boat.

Sunday we were going to go out with Pat, but the wives wouldn't have it and told us we had to be back in time for Easter.

Coldest temperature my computer recorded was 62 degrees and the warmest was 66. I'll post a video or two when I can get caught up with school / work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom