Looking for Water Gill BC Bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I know this is a long shot at best but no harm in asking. I am trying to resurrect an old soft side Water Gill BC. If anyone has old stock of an unused bladder for this BC I would be interested. SeaPro made them until they closed the doors.

The original "Water gill" At Pac was made in Whittier California . The original bladders were hand constructed from large truck tire inner tubes. While still at the Whittier address they changed to plastic.

The technology of inner plastic bag was pioneered by Harry Rescigno the founder of Sea Tec/ Inflatable systems and quite possibly had been manufactured by him.

Harry sold the company but is still a consultant to the firm..You might was to contact him and/or Sea Tec.

They reorganized, changed their name to Sea Pro and moved to Fountain Valley where internal squabbles brought about the companie's demise 20 or so years ago

Sam,
Thank you for the information. I will attempt to contact people at Sea Pro, even if just to give them a chuckle!
William

William Robert,

Sea Pro has been gone for a long time..

Larry Scott was the co-designer and co founder of the company. He was a consultant to Sea Tec as of about 3 years ago...I just read that Sea
Tec has closed it's doors????

Bill Walters was the other Co-founder. Last I saw or had contact with Bill Sr was about 15 years ago. He was living in the NW US, Where????

Billy Jr. remained in SoCal and was constructing Bags for the dive industry...Only knew Jr as a small child and have had no contact with him....However his exwife was involved in making inflation systems in SoCal...Torrance comes to mind..

hope this helps,

SDM

If you want a reasonable (almost identical) reproduction of the ATpac, there is a guy on Ebay who sells them. Also, Skindiver on Vintage Double Hose has one for sale. It looks almost identical the the original ATpac, and it has the compartment for your marbles and shot weight. I saw it when we were all at Legends of Diving, it was a pretty slick setup. You should look into it.

Back
Top Bottom