looking for work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beyond_Diving

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know this should be in the "jobs" forum, but since it is directly related to BC, I figured I would post it here. I haven't been on this forum much, but since there is such a varied group of individuals here, perhaps one of you can help me. I am a PADI MSDT/EFRI, IAND Cave Diver and soon to be DSAT Tech Deep Instructor. Also hold a bunch of post-graduate degrees in Environmental Science/Risk Assessment/Law. So I am looking for a job either with a dive shop, or an environmental consulting firm. I don't know if anybody here is looking or knows of someone who might be looking for someone like me. I will be moving to Vancouver within the next couple of months (or sooner if I can land a job). Any help you can give me would be really appreciated. Again, sorry for posting this here in this section, but it just seemed like it was my best shot at getting someone to look at it who might actually help.
Thanks again!

erik

lots of shops looking for part time on call sort of deals, seems a bit harder to land a full time set up here, have you done much cold water diving?

Hi Eric,

I wasn't sure if you were looking for a job purely to do with instructing or if you were looking into non-diving job as well (as you mentioned environmental consulting).

The place that came into mind was University of British Columbia. You mentioned consulting firms but the uni might be a place to start looking. Their HR/jobs page is Careers @ UBC - UBC Human Resources

Good luck whatever you do

L

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom