Looking to dive Cape Ann during week, any takers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beaker

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Due to our wonderful economy, I'm still out of a job. Therefore, I have plenty of time to go shore diving any day of the week... any takers?

I can join you once it gets a little warmer. I use a wetsuit and it's okay as long as the water is 55F or so.

and I can dive Sun, Mon, Tues, Wedns and Fridays. My wife's a schoolteacher and once vacation starts, I'm no longer Daddy day-care:D I love to go mid-week. Far less other bug hunters:)

Scott

I'm also unemployed, and available to dive pretty much any day.

wackodacko once bubbled...
when does the water start hitting 55??? i only have a 7mm wetsuit.. and plus i hate hoods..

You might find a week or two in August that you'll be able to dive without a hood, but don't expect it to actually get warm here. I've been diving in a two piece 7mm since the water hit 43. I don't think it's so bad, but I think I have a minority opinion on that.

Matt and I did a dive at Old Garden last Friday and the water temp was 48-50. ( 7mm wetsuit). I had to adjust my faceseal on the hood at 10 ft or so and let me tell you, it was a refreshing feeling of the cold a$$ water coming in, so I cant recommend diving without a hood.

I have heard RI is warming up at 2 degress per week. I did a dive a few weeks back and the water was already 50, so that might be an option.

MSilvia once bubbled...

You might find a week or two in August that you'll be able to dive without a hood, but don't expect it to actually get warm here. I've been diving in a two piece 7mm since the water hit 43. I don't think it's so bad, but I think I have a minority opinion on that.

Back
Top Bottom