Looking to dive Ft. Pickens, et al.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocCarl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to get over to Ft. Pickens sometime this week or weekend, and am looking for a dive buddy.
I'm available Thursday and Friday late afternoon, all day Saturday and Sunday.
Here's the relevant tide info:
Pickens Tides.jpg
I'm not really set on Pickens, either- - It's just quick and easy to get to for me.

So, what are your dive plans for the rest of the week?

Carl

Not sure how early the park opens, but would love to do Pickens on Friday or Sat...would be willing to take a day off (Friday), if one can get there early enough..

Looks like the park opens at 8 am, so hitting high tide on Friday should be easy.

I wont be able to take off from work on Friday, so it would be a low tide,late afternoon / night dive for me on Fri. I could use the practice taking octopus pictures!!

Early Saturday morning is no problem, though. I would think about camping fri. night, but I have a feeling the park may be booked due to the Holliday.

I'd love to do another Night dive at Ft. Pickens on any of those days. I get off work around 5:00 or so but can carry my gear with me to work and meet in time for a night dive. How about 7:30PM at Ft. Pickens on Friday? Although I could do Thursday too.

Send me a PM please and let me know.

Hi Carl!!
I'm not ready for a night dive yet, but if you get anything else together (this weekend or any other time) let me know!

Tina

I will be in Pensacola the 9th - 16th, scheduled to dive the Oriskany on the 10th, but the rest of the week wanted to get some shore diving in at Ft. Pickens and the Christmas Tree site, would love to hook up with some "locals" and dive.

Back
Top Bottom